http://ceenphotography.com/2014/09/10/cees-which-way-photo-challenge-2014-11/ Link to participate.
Recent Updates Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
#whyistayed #whyileft. This author says the reason for staying with an abuser so well, I am borrowing it here.
I added a bit to the title and hope she will not mind. I give her all the credit. Please stop & visit her blog. It is very honest and heartfelt.
I am sharing this for several reasons:
- It is good to know you are not alone in such circumstances whether still there or having left.
- It may be the incentive and encouragement you need either way to get out or keep on. ( I know I have wanted to give in and even give up after I finally did get out.)
- I want to enlighten some folks that ” just have never been there and flippantly say -hurt-fully -even in meaning well-“Why didn’t she just leave?” This lead me to :
- This is about the 8th time I have left. It is the 2nd time I finally was able to get more than just a room at a shelter. I am finally ready to really “make it work” this time. It is so hard to get help. It took me 10 months to get a small apartment. I was at a shelter and was told to leave for 6 months;I had to live for 3 more months with the abuser and I am so thankful the place opened up since I almost wanted to just live in my car when I tried to call and get back into the shelter and they would not let me. This was not because of anything wrong I had done, but because I was too costly with my meds. I could not work because I was trying to get disability and my meds were $200 a month. I tried to get Medicaid, but Missouri is a bad place to do that and they messed with me. I am now waiting on them where I am for it again.
- I also am sharing this because I wish to let you a bit more in on my life. I struggle with mental stuff. I am a very strong person, but depression from bipolar is a fight I have about 60% of days. I can also have extreme anxiety and just a little wrong thing happening on days I have either can make me want to roll up and hide in a cocoon for hours. I am strong because I really never do this. do not be down o yourself if you do do that. (We all have different temperaments and strengths.)
- I said #5 above to lead into # 6 : I really believe that if I had been married to a real gentlemen with a give and take relationship. More as a team and having mercy, grace and love for each others nuances and interests with working together, my mental stuff would have been very minor compared to how it developed with a furious and angry man I lived under.
Now, you may not know what I am really talking about if you do not read her post also. http://chasingdestino.com/2014/09/10/whyistayed-whyileft/ So here is the link again.
Locked and Sealed: (It was at the beginning.)
The word press prompt today is sealed up secrets you opened and told.
So my latest “faux pas”:
I told the who the lasted anonymous donation for payment to my son’s welding school was of $3,000.
The whole story:
My youngest son is at a welding school that costs over $10,000. he got scholarships and help to pay for it. He was halfway done with the school and we thought it was taken care of. Any way at this time , they called him into the office and told him he still had the $3,000 to pay left. He was given 2 weeks. We prayed and brought it before the church. The money came in by an anonymous donor.
Now, mind you if someone had not let out the secret prior to me; I would never had even had this “secret.” I really did not even care to know who the donor was, but my brother blurted it out with the, “Do not tell anyone!.”
Need less to say and since I do not want to bore anyone;To sum it all up, when my other kids came to visit I blurted out to them who did it.
In my defense: The guy that paid the rest of the school bill was “a real skin flint.” I was so astounded and impressed that it was extra easy to blurt this out. I wanted to brag on this young man I have known since he was about 4.
Time to do the dishes. UGH! Takes time out from blog exploring.
Here are some highlights from this August that spiced up my life:
The first one is castile soap I learned here: http://youtu.be/F-IJVia0bXc?list=UUPTQMTrjrOV8ZMyysuXXPMg.
I also did hand milled soap from here. Soon I plan to make shampoo and dish soap with the liquid castile.
I really need to get some more photos taken. I found nothing for winter in my cache and not much in the way of water.Here’s what I have though that fits with Cee’s fun Photo challenge this week:
See Link below to join this fun foto challenge.