To join in the fun: http://ceenphotography.com/2014/09/30/cees-fun-foto-challenge-the-color-yellow/
Updates from September, 2014 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
Word Press photo challenge of the week is “Endurance.” These records are from a collection I got for a couple dollars from an estate sale. They have “Endurance” since they are from the 50’s and in great condition. I got these thinking I would sell them either on Etsy,or Ebay. Someday I will get them on there. I keep forgetting to get mailers to ship them in.
The photo on the right is not my own. I just had to try out this new “image widget” that is now on the right side of the template.
http://ceenphotography.com/2014/09/10/cees-which-way-photo-challenge-2014-11/ Link to participate.
This is for: “>http://ceenphotography.com/2014/09/09/cees-fun-foto-challenge-contrasting-colors/ Join the fun and I am sure you can do better than me. (Not the project, but the photo ). What can I say, but the bathroom is small and no way to maneuver the camera well. Window is right there on the curtain. ( Nice in a personal way, but not for a photo) And it can be dark in there also. I do need a better camera. Sigh, someday…….
blueribbonfair, Cammal aka Brown Boy, Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Contrasting Colors | Nola Roots, Texas Heart, and 1 other are discussing. Toggle Comments
#whyistayed #whyileft. This author says the reason for staying with an abuser so well, I am borrowing it here.
I added a bit to the title and hope she will not mind. I give her all the credit. Please stop & visit her blog. It is very honest and heartfelt.
I am sharing this for several reasons:
- It is good to know you are not alone in such circumstances whether still there or having left.
- It may be the incentive and encouragement you need either way to get out or keep on. ( I know I have wanted to give in and even give up after I finally did get out.)
- I want to enlighten some folks that ” just have never been there and flippantly say -hurt-fully -even in meaning well-“Why didn’t she just leave?” This lead me to :
- This is about the 8th time I have left. It is the 2nd time I finally was able to get more than just a room at a shelter. I am finally ready to really “make it work” this time. It is so hard to get help. It took me 10 months to get a small apartment. I was at a shelter and was told to leave for 6 months;I had to live for 3 more months with the abuser and I am so thankful the place opened up since I almost wanted to just live in my car when I tried to call and get back into the shelter and they would not let me. This was not because of anything wrong I had done, but because I was too costly with my meds. I could not work because I was trying to get disability and my meds were $200 a month. I tried to get Medicaid, but Missouri is a bad place to do that and they messed with me. I am now waiting on them where I am for it again.
- I also am sharing this because I wish to let you a bit more in on my life. I struggle with mental stuff. I am a very strong person, but depression from bipolar is a fight I have about 60% of days. I can also have extreme anxiety and just a little wrong thing happening on days I have either can make me want to roll up and hide in a cocoon for hours. I am strong because I really never do this. do not be down o yourself if you do do that. (We all have different temperaments and strengths.)
- I said #5 above to lead into # 6 : I really believe that if I had been married to a real gentlemen with a give and take relationship. More as a team and having mercy, grace and love for each others nuances and interests with working together, my mental stuff would have been very minor compared to how it developed with a furious and angry man I lived under.
Now, you may not know what I am really talking about if you do not read her post also. http://chasingdestino.com/2014/09/10/whyistayed-whyileft/ So here is the link again.
Locked and Sealed: (It was at the beginning.)
The word press prompt today is sealed up secrets you opened and told.
So my latest “faux pas”:
I told the who the lasted anonymous donation for payment to my son’s welding school was of $3,000.
The whole story:
My youngest son is at a welding school that costs over $10,000. he got scholarships and help to pay for it. He was halfway done with the school and we thought it was taken care of. Any way at this time , they called him into the office and told him he still had the $3,000 to pay left. He was given 2 weeks. We prayed and brought it before the church. The money came in by an anonymous donor.
Now, mind you if someone had not let out the secret prior to me; I would never had even had this “secret.” I really did not even care to know who the donor was, but my brother blurted it out with the, “Do not tell anyone!.”
Need less to say and since I do not want to bore anyone;To sum it all up, when my other kids came to visit I blurted out to them who did it.
In my defense: The guy that paid the rest of the school bill was “a real skin flint.” I was so astounded and impressed that it was extra easy to blurt this out. I wanted to brag on this young man I have known since he was about 4.